This last weekend was a lot of fun, but also kinda crazy. I went with my parents and brother down to a wedding in Utah. They picked me up Friday and we headed down. We made good time and had some time to kill, so we went to IKEA. Such a fun place! I got me a few things for my laundry room and I dreamed a whole lot. Someday I will have a room that matches and looks super cute! Then, we went to Robert's aunts house to change and head out to the reception. It was a lot of fun visiting with family. I saw cousins that I haven't seen in about 5 years. I also got to see new babies that have joined the family and catch up on what everyone was doing. The bride was beautiful and it was a nice reception. On Saturday I introduced my parents to the VF outlet. We all got new pants. I love great deals! Then we went to visit some more family before heading home. When I got home I hurriedly got my stuff out of my dad's car and then turned around and went to a surprise party for one of my best friends.
Now, what was Robert and the kids doing while I was off shopping and having fun? They were having fun. My best friend was watching my kids while Robert was working, so my kids were playing with her kids and that is always fun. Then, Friday night Robert got a couple of movies, some pizza and ice cream and they had a movie party and got to sleep in the family room. Mommy is a bit of a strickler and I don't let them sleep in the family room so they couldn't wait until I was gone. On Saturday morning they went and picked up our Bountiful Basket and promply began eating all the grapes out of it. Then, they went and picked up some turkeys. So, now we have turkeys, also. Yeah, they had fun and I'm sure they are wondering when Mommy will be gone overnight again so that they can have more fun with Daddy. The only one that really seemed to miss me was Rachel, but as she gets older I'm sure that will change, too.
I'm so lucky to have such a great husband who doesn't mind when I go to visit overnight. He makes it so much fun that my kids don't even realize I'm gone, hardly. He is such a great Daddy and I hope for Father's Day we did manage to tell him how grateful we are for him.
2 comments:
It was so fun to see you and do a bit of catching up. It's so nice to hear about Robert doing that so you could be gone. I've not had chance to really get and know him, but I've been so impressed with everything I've heard. What a fun dad. My dad never did very well with us overnight. I think he always felt like he had to entertain us every second, which is a lot of work.
I'm glad that you had such a fun weekend. I experience IKEA for the first time a couple of weeks ago. What an amazing store! It's huge!
Post a Comment