It was a lot of fun to have Jboy and Hbear with us this last week. Michael and Jboy finally got to have "boy" time and do boy things. I was glad for it. It included a lot of jumping, though. Jumping from the couch onto the LoveSack or the couch onto the couch cushions, or the little trampoline onto the LoveSack. Still, they had fun.
Monday I got a call in the middle of the day from Taylor. She was asking me if she could stay after school and try out for the Missoula Children's Theatre play. Of course! I had completely forgotten in the morning to write her and Lindsey a note to stay after. Because I had two extra kids at home I sent my brother (who had come over to fix the toilet) to the school with snacks for the two girls and asked him if he wouldn't mind bringing them home afterwards, also. He agreed. Lindsey, however, got stage fright as she came into the gym and ended up staying on Uncle Luke's lap instead of trying out. That's okay, maybe next year if she wants to try again. Taylor got the part of a Gull.
Monday night Jboy was having some trouble sleeping because he missed his parent's. Robert was in comforting him when Rachel threw up on my pillow. Needless to say, we were a bit tired on Tuesday, and I wasn't sure how I was feeling, so my dad and brother came over to help me out. I was grateful for the extra help and the kids loved seeing Grandpa and Uncle.
Thursday my mom came over to go to Story Time with us. I love Story Time and so do the kids. It was a good break for all of us because it was the first time I'd been out of the house all week. When Grandma went home later that afternoon, Jboy and Hbear went with her. They missed their house and wanted a sleepover with Grandma and Grandpa. They all came back of Friday, though.
Friday was the play. This year they did "Treasure Island". If you've never seen a production done by the Missoula Children's Theater, it is quite impressive. They come in on a Monday and they have the play ready to perform on Friday. I love that they young children can participate and I also love that it only lasts a week. Taylor told me all in all, it was quite boring. The only fun part was when you were on stage. This is the second time she got to participate, and I'm sure there will be many more.
Saturday found Robert taking care of all 6 kids by himself for most of the day. I had a Stake Relief Society meeting in the morning and then Bountiful Baskets later. New sites were added this week and routes changed slightly so there was some confusion in times, but at the end of the day, it went okay. My mom helped me out, and she had done some training in Idaho Falls at another site and came back with some really great ideas that we are going to bring here. I am really excited!
Finally, Sunday found our family singing in church. We chose the song "Families Can be Together Forever" The girls sang the verses with the rest of us joining in on the chorus. They did really good. Micheal didn't really sing, but he was quiet while Robert held him. Rachel even sang. Jboy and Hgirl went home with Grandma and Grandpa. It was fun having them here, but I know they were homesick. I don't know how long it will be until Jboy wants to stay here again. He didn't mind playing, but he was more than ready to go when Grandma and Grandpa said it was time.
No comments:
Post a Comment