Saturday, February 23, 2013

Lindsey's Baptism

This has been a busy month for us.  First, Lindsey turned 8!  It's crazy to think that she is already 8.  For her birthday we went to Agri-Action, like we do every year.  We had a good time and the kids really love climbing on all the tractors.  Someday we might even have a small tractor of our own.

8 also means that Lindsey was old enough to be baptized.  We had a bunch of family come up for it and it was wonderful for her to be surrounded by so many people who love her.  She was baptized by Robert.  She had asked her Aunt Katrina to give the talk on Baptism and her Aunt Tarilynn to talk about the Holy Ghost.  Both of them did a really good job and made me cry, but it was a happy cry.
Lindsey before her baptism
I was almost late to her baptism.  I was busy at home trying to get the rest of the kids ready, and myself ready, and stuff for lunch ready that I got there just before we were supposed to start.  Usually they have everyone sit in the Relief Society Room, but we had so many friends and family that we ended up in the chapel.  I knew that they wouldn't start without me, though, because I was leading the music.  And anyway, they wouldn't start without the mom.
Lindsey's baptism dress
When Taylor was baptized I made her a dress.  I needed to do the same for Lindsey, but I wanted a different style.  I think her dress turned out really cute.  The sweater I didn't make, though.  She really loves it and that's what really matters.  I'm not sure that I want to work with tulle again, though.
Tinkerbell cake
Aunt Katrina and Grandma Emmy made her a Tinkerbell cake.  It is supposed to be Pixie Hollow under a tree, but they were have some troubles with the branches, so they turned their tree into a tree stump.  It was really cute and super yummy!

No comments: