We're still here. Elizabeth is now more than 2 months old and I think we are getting back into our routine. The weather has been warming up which is nice, but it also means mud! There have been quite a few talks about leaving muddy footprints across the carpet. Inside the house, the girls got their door taken away. Well, really Rachel got the door taken away. She kept slamming it and wouldn't listen to me when I told her to stop or Daddy would take it off. After slamming it about 5 times in a minute after our little chat I'd had enough and Robert took it off. Now they have to change in the bathroom. I've been really tempted to take Michael's door off also since it has been getting slammed. I haven't done it yet, though.
Now that Lindsey is 8 she gets to go with Taylor to Activity Days. She has had so much fun! At her first one they had a spa day where they got to soak their feet and then paint their toes and fingernails. At the next one they made fabric covered binders and her leader had some pages to put in them with the Articles of Faith and some other faith promoting handouts.
As for Michael, well, I have to keep reminding him and Rachel that Michael is supposed to do his own school work, Rachel is not to do it for him. She likes to shout out his math answers while I'm giving him a test, or she will do his letter worksheets when it says to color all the spaces with a "c" in them. For Christmas we got her her own school books, but she just likes Michael's better. The next thing you know, she is going to be reading, since she likes to look over our shoulder when we are doing that, too.
Taylor is my big helper. She just gets up and does what I ask her too. Sometimes I have to remind myself that just because she is done with everything doesn't mean I need to give her more to do, she needs some free time also. I just know if I ask her to do something she will most likely get it done. Except for all of her piano practice. Then she just mostly plays the fun songs that she likes and skips over the other ones.
3 comments:
Sounds like you have been busy. Taylor reminds me of Ashley, thank goodness for first born daughters who are so willing to help! Lindsey was so cute at Activity days, she was giggling at EVERYTHING! It was fun to see her personallity come out, she is usually so quiet in a group.
hee-hee, I love hearing about your kids!
hee-hee, I love hearing about your kids!
Post a Comment