Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Springtime

It is starting to feel like spring most days now and I am so excited! I finally have a house where I can have a garden, yeah! Yesterday I built 3 raised beds that I am going to use for my garden. I also starts in a lot of my window seals. I inherited from my mom a love for growing things. So far our growing plans include: tomatoes (lots of varieties), peas, beans, carrots, radishes, cucumbers, eggplant, peppers (both hot and sweet), corn, potatoes, and watermelon. We also have an orchard that came with our property. It hasn't been taken care of in the last few years so we have a lot of work to do out there also. It has apple trees, pear trees and plum trees. Right now we need to rake up the leaves from last year. The girls got little plastic rakes and they "help" me. They think it is a lot of fun to be out raking with mom, of course they also like to jump in the piles that we have raked. When they get tired of the raking, they climb the trees.

So, with all of this, we are spending more time outside, which is so nice. After being snowed in this winter, I am ready for a little sunshine and fresh air.

No comments: