We have pets, most families I know have some kind of pet. We have a cat, Marmalade, and a puppy, Justin. These apparently are not good enough for Taylor, though. She wants her own pet, she wants a dog, but not just any dog. She wants a chihuahua. We told her that chihuahuas are a lot of money so if she wants one she has to earn the money. No big deal, she is only 4, right? So, she scours the house for loose change and puts it in her bank. When we go out she finds coins on the ground, wherever. at this rate I figure by the time she earns the $300+ that she needs to buy the dog she will either change her mind or be responsible enough to really care for it. Well, I have a wonderful sister and sister-in-law that are very concerned with the happiness of their niece and decided to help her earn some money. They decided to have a lemonade stand and sell cups of lemonade and cookies. Okay, so how much money can a little girl make in April with a lemonade stand, like maybe $10 right, wrong. She earned $27 in just a few hours and then they ran out of cookies. My sister now says, "only 10 more lemonade stands and she has her puppy". Great.
If she earns the money, I'm not going to tell her she can't have her puppy, but I really don't know if it is an animal I want in my house. I know it is one that Robert does not want. He calls them "rat dogs". I think I need to learn a little more about this specie of dog and then educate my daughter. Maybe I can find someone who will let her meet their dog and see if it really is what she wants. Perhaps we will fine a different breed that she would like better. I guess we will have to see, we still have 10 more lemonade stands to do.
5 comments:
That cracks me up! Don't tell Felicity and Caleb about that, Felicity already wants to hold a garage sale, she'd be all for it if she could buy a dog, but no thanks, not until we get a bigger yard. Although I do want a hairless cat, they're clean and don't leave fur all over the place, a perfect pet. But Farris is like Rob, he thinks they are "rat cats." I wouldn't mind having a cat named Rat, I think it would be funny. So good luck with that. See ya later, DeeAnna
Oh please talk her out of a chihuahua. Our neighbor has one and it yaps all day long. It yaps at family and strangers. Also, my aunt had one and it attacked Sarah when she was little. They are not nice little lap dogs, which is probably what she is picturing it as since it is so small. They can be very viscious and require a lot of extra care due to their size and lack of ability too regulate their own body temperature. Hope this info is helpful.
Sorry, we thought that was pretty funny, and had to help the nieces out. Maybe you could talk them into a Shihtzu?
hee hee I'm that awesome sister, rebekah and I are going to be her favorites for ever and ever and ever!!!!!
i think that is so funny a chihuahua that is funny. i would never have one they never seem to stop barking (cousin had one) and they shed really bad all i have to say is glad its you haha sounds like she is doing really good that is awesome.
Post a Comment