Sunday, May 4, 2008

The Shortest Day of the Week


I think that there are truly only about 18 hours a day on Saturdays. It always seems like there is never enough time to do all that we have planned to do. Now that the weather is warming up, Robert is needing to work longer hours during the week. The longer sunshine does not quite compensate for the extra time at work. He gets home and we try to do some work outside, whether it is pruning, raking, planting, or something else. Well, we reached a place where we needed to move on a little and get a deck out our back door. We were supposed to return our "temporary" steps 90 days after we moved in. With the weather being such as it was, we were allowed to keep them a little longer, but we still need to get permanent steps. So, Saturday, Robert went to Twin to get the lumber for the deck while I was at the church helping out with an Emergency Prepardness Fair (it went really well). After the fair I came home to help, in the meantime we had some trees delivered that we needed to get planted that same day also.

We got 3 of the posts set and all of the trees planted. Then, it got too dark and we couldn't work anymore. I tell you, the hours were not there. Now we have a partly finished project that we have to wait until Monday to finish, and not just until Monday morning, but Monday evening after FHE and bedtime. There are few things that are more frustrating than leaving a project partly done. So this week, a lot of our evenings will be dedicated to building our deck, but when it is done we will have to have a party or something.

1 comment:

DeeAnna said...

I have to agree, we need two saturdays every week. There's so much to do inside and outside right now, and it's impossible for me to do it with my crazy kidoos following me everywhere. Joseph can't watch us weed anymore, he's got the idea, just not the right plants. We have some painting to do, sheetrocking, planting, fetilizing, on and on. That will be great when you get a deck in, I'm excited for you guys! Oh, and I hav to add to the chihuha debate, we babysat our friends mini chihahua, and it peed all over our house. Really annoying. Introduce her to hot dogs. Our neighbor here has one and it's sweet and gentle and the kids love how long and skinny it is. Maybe better? Talk to you later, Love, DeeAnna