Monday, May 19, 2008

Teamwork



As usual, our weekend was way too short, however, we did get to spend a little time together. Our main project is still our deck. Saturday night after we put the kids in bed we got out the drills. Robert went along and drilled the holes and I followed behind and screwed the boards down. In about 45 min. We had more done than it had taken us the previous week and a half to do. Yeah! There is only one small gap on the edge and we need to cut the board to fit, then the stairs and the rail. I am just so glad that we have the main part of the deck all done. By next weekend it should be stained and sealed.

We also planted our new fruit trees (3 cherry trees and an apple tree). Robert started digging the holes and then I finished as he put the trees into the ground and we both covered them up and watered them. It seems like you can get so much more done and do it faster when you work as a team.

I also was able to transplant some stuff into my garden while Robert watched the kids. Again, teamwork. He may not have been helping put things into the ground, but keeping little ones from pulling them up was just as important.

No comments: