Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A short week

We have a really short school week this week. Monday was President's day so no school. Our girls basketball team made it to state and since it seems like a lot of the town goes to support them, they canceled school Thursday and Friday. That means two days of school. Plus, yesterday was Taylor's Valentines party, so she has a really short week. I really love having my kids home with me, but they get a little bored. We have been reading The Spiderwick Chronicles together. Well, I've been reading while they play, and we have really enjoyed that, until my voice gives out or until I can't get Rachel to leave the book alone anymore.

I have a friend who homeschools and it seems like she has all kinds of activities to do with her kids, but then again, her kids are a little older, too. So, what can I do with 4 young children that we will all enjoy and doesn't involve tons of time in front of the t.v.?

2 comments:

Kerry said...

I'm interested in some ideas too-Brandon's not in preschool anymore and there's some rough days.

There's several ideas on Make and takes it's a blog-this chick does a lot of stuff with her kids..creative.

Some things just seem like too much work though-I can't wait for warm weather!

Spend $1 and drive to a playland..I do that and stay for an hour or more-totally worth my Money!

Idaho Sutters said...

Oh, the answer is simply. Just home school. J/K.

Seriously though I don't know why you all through out town are bored. I'm turning down social engagements left and right. Home schooling is a busy life!

Your kids are at a harder age though. Let's see.... I had weekly play dates, sometimes three times a week with my best friend. Also I took them out to run around in the desert all the time. But it is winter now. We played lots of games to go with all our couch reading. We played lots of cleaning games. When they are that age they think it's fun to clean with mom.

Truthfully, I just survived that period. It does get better though I absolutely promise! Hang in there. Take it a morning or afternoon at a time.