This last week was a little crazy again. Monday we went out to the potato fields to glean potatoes for ourselves. Robert's dad usually gets a whole bunch and stores for all of his kids, but we thought it would be fun for the kids to go out and get our own for Family Night. They had a lot of fun. Most of the potatoes we found were kinda little, but they had fun trying to find the biggest ones.
Tuesday I decided to finally do something with the jalapenos we had in the garden. Our garden really got off to a slow start this year and so my peppers didn't get very big during the summer. In years past we have frozen our jalapenos and that works pretty good, but I decided to try pickling them this year.
I was supposed to have a pedicure party on Wednesday, but with Michael being sick I thought maybe I should stay home. There has been a nasty bug going around that will be dormant for a day and then come back and I didn't know what would happen if I left. Michael seemed fine, though. Luckily my wonderful sister-in-law went and taught the pedicure party for me.
Thursday Lindsey woke up looking like she felt horrible. Her nose was running and she used an entire box of Kleenex the night before. Her eyes were puffy and watering also. I asked her if she wanted to stay home, but she told me she was supposed to be "special person" that day and she did not want to stay home. I'm not sure if it was allergies or a cold, but she went and I didn't get called to come and get her. However, Robert did stay home. He hadn't been feeling good and he ended up sleeping most of the day. We had story time so I was able to take the kids out of the house for a while anyway so that he could really get some rest.
On Friday, however, she still looked miserable, so I did keep her home. She got up and got dressed and then had some breakfast and sat in one of the recliners. The next thing I knew, she was asleep. I figure if she went back to sleep so quickly she really needed to stay home and rest up. I also ended up watching a friends little boy for her that day. Michael was so excited to have another boy over to play with. They played outside and with the cars and trucks, it was fun. By the afternoon everyone was feeling good, so we went into town to see the Homecoming Parade. It wasn't much since this is a small town and all, but the kids had fun and they got candy.
Saturday we went to Twin and Kimberly. We picked up our Bountiful Basket in Kimberly and I did some more mentoring so that I can open a site nearer to my house. Robert took a puppy to a family in Twin and then we brought the last two home. I guess we have two puppies for the kids to play with now. When we came home I got ready to go to the Women's Broadcast. Our stake always has a dinner first so that was nice. I got to go and visit with some friends and had an uplifting evening.
No comments:
Post a Comment