Monday, December 13, 2010

A Caroling We Go

Well, Rachel has decided that she no longer wants to sleep in a crib.  She seems to think that she is a big girl now.  A few nights ago  Taylor and Lindsey decided that they were going to use Taylor’s upper bunk to put their toys and stuffed animals on and Taylor was going to sleep with Lindsey on her lower bunk.  Lindsey’s bed is also a full, where Taylor’s is a single.  The first night, Rachel screamed wanting to sleep with them, but not knowing if she would, we put her in her crib.  The next night I decided to try it, and what do you know, all three girls slept all night long, and so now Rachel sleeps with the big girls.  I think it is great!  They no longer need Robert or I to cuddle with them, Rachel seems to sleep better, and they are forming those positive sister bonds.

Sunday we went caroling with the community.  It was a lot of fun.  They had 3 horse drawn carts and filled all of them.  We went around the town caroling people who were on a list, and having a good time.  We got to see quite a few friends, make some new friends, and sing a lot of songs.  It was a really nice day to go out caroling, too.  It was fairly warm, the sun was shining, and there was no wind.  After we were done, we gathered at the Methodist Church for chili and hot chocolate.  We had homemade cinnamon rolls for dessert.  I know this community is really small, but it is a great place to live!  People really look out for one another and there are some really good cooks in this town.

Taylor had a rough day at school this week.  There are 2 girls in her class who don’t like each other and one day they both decided to start clubs that specifically excluded the other girl.  Taylor tried telling them that it wrong and they they should all be friends.  One of the girls didn’t like being told that, so she kicked snow at Taylor.  I felt so bad for her when I heard that story.  Taylor is such a loving person and I know she doesn’t like it when others don’t get along.  We talked with her a little bit and told her how proud we were of her.  I think she is feeling better now.

It’s been nice having Robert around during the daytime this last week.  I’m afraid I’m getting a little bit spoiled.  I’ve been doing quite a bit in my sewing room and he has been running things around the house.  He is quite wonderful and the kids really love having him around.  I will have to re-adjust when he goes back to work.

My piano playing is coming along pretty well.  The real test will be this next Sunday when the Primary sings the Christmas song they have been practicing.  I will be playing in front of the whole ward, and that is a little scary, but not so much right now.  I still don’t hit all the right notes, and sometimes I simply miss notes, but it’s coming along.  Pretty soon I’m sure I’ll be an expert, right?  I really love playing the piano for Primary.  A lot of the songs are still done just one handed, but it’s good.  I still love it and I love hearing the sweet voices of the kids and I love the chorister that I work with.  It’s a lot of fun, and having more music in our home is good, too.

1 comment:

DeeAnna said...

Tell Taylor I think she's AWESOME! Felicity is having a hard time with girls getting into cliques too. Grr, it makes me so mad! How 'bout we all just move into a commune with each other?Glad the piano is going so well, sounds like fun!