We finally decorated our Christmas tree! The tree had been sitting outside since Robert cut it down, so it was covered with snow, plus it was really big. Robert had to take a little bit off of the bottom, then when he set it up, we had to put down towels all around it to catch the drips as the snow melted and the tree thawed out. Then, the next day we were able to decorate it.
The kids were so excited, going through all the ornaments and making sure they had hooks on them. Then, after we got it all decorated, they of course had to turn off all the lights but the ones on the tree. To us, it is beautiful! We did some other decorating, too. We put our little Christmas village on the piano, along with the
children’s nativity. For Christmas one year, my mother-in-law gave us this nutcracker quilt that I think looks good on the wall. I still want some lights put up around the window, but the house is definately feeling more Christmasy now. Maybe if I am really sweet, Robert will puts lights up for me this week. At least, maybe if the weather cooperates. I would feel really bad if I talked him into doing it in a storm and he caught a cold or something.
At school Taylor’s class has been making robots. This translates home to making robots. The kids had fun in the kitchen putting things together. One of the robots is supposed to clean their rooms, but I don’t remember what the rest are supposed to do. I love their imaginations. They were very sad when I told them that we were going to have to take their robots apart, because I do want to eat that pudding that they wrapped in foil. They were okay with it when I told them that we would take a picture of them with their robots, though.
We’ve had quite a bit of snow these last couple of weeks. Living clear out here, we get to plow our own driveway, no way we could shovel it. This is how we plow, in the tractor. I’m so glad we live so close to my in-laws who have tractors for us to use. I am also really glad that it is Robert out on that tractor and not me. I did learn how to drive it, but really, driving a tractor is not my kind of thing.
Michael has found a new favorite place to watch movies, at least, when all the toys are in there and the stuffed animals are on top. I thought he was going to fall asleep in the toy box. When I got out the camera he sat right up and wanted Rachel to get in with him. I am so glad that those two are such good friends. They play together so well while the big girls are at school. I know that when Michael starts Kindergarten Rachel will be very sad.
We got Taylor’s report card this weekend. She is doing great in everything but how neatly her work looks. I think she gets thinking so fast that her hand just can’t keep up and her writing is a mess. We are encouraging her to write letters to her cousins in the hopes that if she practices more then her writing will get neater. If nothing else, she can have a pen pal and that is always fun.
1 comment:
Yea about the tree! Love the Robots! Laughed about Michael in the toy box, glad him and Rachel are pals, they're cuties. Good all the other stuff! See you in few weeks!
Post a Comment