One of our favorite places to go is always the Ag Pavilion. In the past they have used a big tent and it has been set up in a couple of different places, well, this past year they built a new building! It was so much nicer. The little ones really love the swimming pool filled with corn, wheat, beans, and other things like that. I told Robert that instead of a sandbox, we should get one of these:
Of course, I also said that we would have to make sure we covered it up if it rained or anything, otherwise it might start sprouting.
Right after going into the Ag Pavilion, is taking pictures outside of the pavilion. They have these cut-outs that the kids love sticking their heads in for pictures. I love the one with the farmer and vegetables because all of our kids fit into the holes.
I have to tell you, inside they were doing a cooking demonstration using local foods, it was sooooo good! I had potato salad with some steak slices on top with a chimichuri sauce on the steak. YUMMY! Now I think I want to visit the restaurant that was putting on the demonstration.
My parents met us at the fair and my mom's favorite place to go is the train building. My mom loves train sets and this building is so cool. They have tracks that run all over and that must stay set up year round. They have a train with a camera on it and you can watch on a t.v. the trains' view. They also have a little table with a Thomas Train set that my kids like to play with. Rachel, especially, loved watching the trains and seeing them go into the mountain and come out again. She thought it was really neat.
I have decided that I want a new pet. Okay, so we already have a lot of pets, but this one I could maybe make some money with. I want an Alpaca. They are herd animals, though, so we would need at least 2. I told my dad that he could buy the other one and I would take care of it for him. We will fence off the orchard, trim the trees up a little, and let them
In one of the Merchant Buildings this year they had something really cool for the kids. It was like a mini discovery center in there. They had activities that taught about leverage, ones that taught about weights, and problem solving. It was really fun. The kids got to make a marble run through a series of tubes and funnels. They got to play with magnets and balls. It took a while to get them to leave the building. I think someone needs to open a discovery center in Twin Falls. It would definitely be a place that I would save up for a year pass to.
One thing we don't do at the fair is the rides and games. I'm really not into the rides at fairs, there is so many more interesting things to do. I don't want to do the games because the "prizes" really aren't a prize at all and end up cluttering up my house. We have so much more fun going through the merchant buildings, the Ag Pavilion, and seeing the things that people have entered into the fair. This year we somehow missed the petting zoo, though. I do like going through the petting zoo and getting pictures of the kids, even though all the animals are ones that they can see around our little town.






No comments:
Post a Comment