Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Birthday Girl, and a Play

We had a birthday this past week.  Our sweet Rachel turned 3!  We just had some family over for dinner and cake and ice cream, so pretty low key.  Rachel loved her presents.  Some of her favorites were her pink, Hello Kitty rain boots so that she could splash in the puddles with the other kids, her cow sleeping bag, and the toilet paper tube binoculars that Michael made her.  She got more cool stuff that she plays with, but I don't want to list them all.  Funny story about those rain boots, as soon as she was done opening presents, she put them on.  She went outside and found the biggest puddle she could and jumped in it.  Well, the water splashed up, and right into her boots!  She came in and then had to dry them out.

I'm really glad that Rachel made it to her birthday because the days leading up to it were filled with her not being so good.  One day, Taylor took her potty in my bathroom, and left her alone in there while I was cooking lunch.  I went to go find her to eat and she had found a tube of red lipstick.  There was lipstick all over the side of her shoe, up her legs, and on her arms and face.  This mommy was not very happy.  Straight into the tub she went, leaving a pink ring around it when she got out.  Later that day, she found a pen.  Instead of drawing on paper, or the walls, she drew all over herself again.  Legs, arms, and half of her face.  She looked like she had half a beard.  After that one, Robert got a call basically saying "come home and save your daughter before I go insane".  I was pretty sure she wasn't going to draw herself anytime soon, but I was wrong.  The next day she found a pink marker and once again, legs and arms were turned another color.  I took away all coloring privileges and kept a better eye on her after that.  If this is a preview of how her mind works at 3, we are in for an interesting year, for both her and me.

Taylor and Lindsey had the opportunity to be in the Missoula Children's Theatre production of "King Arthur's Quest" this last week.  Every year the Missoula Children's Theatre comes and puts on a play in Richfield.  This was Taylor's third time being in one of their plays, but Lindsey's first.  Lindsey was going to try out last year, but got cold feet at the last minute.  She did very well this year.  Taylor was a mini blue squire and Lindsey was a mini white squire.  They had a lot of fun, and it was a good experience for both of them.  I love the fact that try-outs are on Monday and the play is Friday, so it only takes a week.  I forgot my camera, so I don't have any pictures, but the girls sure looked cute with mustache's on.

No comments: