Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Life Is Full of Ups and Downs

I'm sorry I haven't posted much lately, life has been a little bit crazy with lots of ups and downs.  That would be a good way to describe the weather, too.  We've had some really nice days up in the 60's, and then snow.  Today we had rain.  I think maybe for here we might be done with snow.  Of course, I've seen it snow in May before, too, so I wouldn't bet on it.  With the nice days that we've had, the girls have become inspired to plan out our garden.  We've been looking through catalogs together, we also brought out our seeds and made a list of what we have and what we still need.  We need some pea seeds and I want to try growing swiss chard this year so we need some of that.  Otherwise, I think we are good on seeds. 

Last Saturday was a beautiful day!  Robert got out pruners and started pruning some of the apple trees.  We didn't get much done last year and so this year he had quite a bit of work to do.  I know that aggressive pruning can make the tree more productive, but sometimes it's still hard to see all of what he is cutting out of the trees.  The girls also got out their pruners and "practiced" on some other trees and shrubs around.  We also got the bikes out and the kids have had a lot of fun riding around the driveway.

Something fun that we have started doing is going over to the Lincoln County Care Center on Monday afternoons with some friends and doing "Wiggle and Jiggle" (exercise in a chair) time and singing time with the residents.  The first time we went the kids were pretty nervous and shy, but they were a lot more comfortable the second time we went.  It is good for the kids to learn to meet other people and I hope we can bring some smiles to someone's face.

I have a bunch of cute pictures on my camera, but I'm having issues putting them on my computer, so no pictures right now.  I need to get a new cord for my camera, but haven't gotten around to that yet.  We have a fun week planned this week and so hopefully I will get it figured out and be a little better at posting.

Finally, just in case someone heard, or hasn't heard, we were expecting a baby, but I lost it.  We are all doing fine.  I believe that God's time is always the right time, and I guess right now wasn't the right time.  I've been cleared by my midwife and we aren't waiting to try again.  Maybe we will have happy news again soon.  Don't be sad for us.  We have been blessed and comforted in so many ways and I believe all things work for our good in the end... it's just hanging on until we get there.  So, keep us in your prayers, but don't be sad, we are good and life is good.

No comments: