Sunday, February 19, 2012

I Got To Meet The Governor

This week was a throw-back to what I went through most of the summer.  Robert had some training to go to in Denver, Colorado so I was home with the kids.  I have really enjoyed not having him traveling so much.  Since he has been home I've just let him take care of things like taking out the trash and checking on the chickens, and I realized how much I really do appreciate him doing that.  Poor chickens, I forgot them one day, but they were still ok.

Valentines Day came and went with Robert gone.  So, Taylor made it special by making dinner so I didn't have too.  She is growing up to be such a big girl!  Both she and Lindsey help me out more than I can really tell you.

On Wednesday we made a last minute decision to have lunch in Carey.  My mom was making Navajo Tacos and my friend invited us over to join them.  So, I picked up my friend (who is like a sister) and we headed over.  It was pretty fun.  She got to hear a lot of family stories.  Not too many about me, though.  I was a pretty good kid, I never pulled any dangerous stunts, and only really got in trouble once I started dating.

Thursday I got to be in charge of Story Time.  The lady who is normally in charge was at the Girl's State Basketball games.  Her husband is the girl's coach so she thought she should go.  It was a really small day at Story Time, which was ok with me.  Then, the busy-ness of piano lessons and scouts.  It is amazing to me how much the girls have learned at piano lessons.  I love hearing them practice and knowing that this is something that will bless their lives for years and years.  I just wish I had taken more lessons when I was younger.  Someday I'm going to take them again.  Robert came home Thursday night.

Friday we ended up going to Twin with Robert to the Home and Garden Show.  Can I say that I enjoy this show more than Agri-Action?  I know the kids love climbing on the tractors, but I prefer looking at greenhouses and thinking of ways to make the inside and outside of my home more beautiful.  Plus, they have booths like Scentsy and others geared more towards women.  I had my camera with me, but of course I forgot to take any pictures.

Saturday was Bountiful Baskets.  Due to a scheduling change I ended up with 2 baskets and since I'm pretty sure that we won't go through that much produce, I took some over to a friend who had just had a baby.  I got to hold a 3 day old baby.  It was so relaxing.  There must be some kind of chemical released in your body when you hold a sleeping baby that just relaxes you.  I finally gave her to her mommy so that she could eat.

Saturday evening we went to a dinner where the Governor, Lieutenant General, and Superintended, along with a representative from our Senator and some local leaders all came and gave short speeches.  I've never been to any kind of political meeting before and it was very interesting.  After it was over I went over and met the Governor and shook his hand.  I decided that since I made the effort to come I was going to at least say that I did meet him.  I was a little surprised that more people weren't there.  I mean, even if you don't agree with him, it would still be a chance for you to see what he is saying, and he was available to talk to.  I don't know.  Like I said, it was the first time I had ever been to one, either.  With all that is going on politically, I do think it is important to find out about the people running our Government, both local and national.  The kids thought it was pretty boring.

I have been daydreaming about spring and summer.  I've been reading gardening books and looking at seed catalogs.  The other night I drew up some dream plans of what I want the yard and garden to look like.  Taylor and Lindsey want their own little garden spaces where they can grow flowers.  I know it will still be a couple more months, but with the mild winter that we've had, it is already starting to feel like spring.  Hopefully this years garden does better than last.

No comments: