Sunday, February 5, 2012

Birthday Girl and Agri-Action

What an amazing week this has been!  On Wednesday, we had an appointment with our accountant.  With Robert starting a new job we wanted to make sure that we started off keeping track of all the right things.  We were still waiting on one more W-2 so we didn't have everything ready for him, but almost.  It was also nice to catch up.  Our accountant used to be in our ward (church congregation) when we lived in Twin and I used to teach his son in primary.  He is growing up and I can hardly believe it.

Before going to see the accountant, though, Robert and I went to the temple.  It was very busy and we were blessed with the opportunity to do sealings.  What a great experience that was.  Then, Robert took me out to lunch.  I'd heard that Cafe Rio had some really good pork, so I finally got to try it.  I'm not a big pork fan, but this was pretty good.  It was sweet, which Robert didn't like, but I really did.  We finished by doing some quick grocery shopping and headed home.  I was so grateful for my brother, Luke, for watching my kids so that I could have a date with my husband.

This week I also started exercising with a friend.  We meet at the church and then either walk for a while, or do an exercise dvd.  It's been good for me to get my body moving more.  I've been super tired this winter and I think some exercise will help with that.  The kids also love getting together and playing. 

One night after dinner, I'm not sure which night it was, we were reading stories when we noticed Rachel wasn't around.  Now, she was quiet and that usually means she is into something.  We began looking for her, but instead of getting into trouble, this is how we found her:
Under her chair
I really don't know how that could be comfortable.  She sleeps in some of the oddest positions.

Thursday was super busy.  Story Time has started again.  They always take from Christmas break through the month of January off.  It was kinda nice to have that break, but it was also nice to see the other moms again.  The kids always have fun going to the library and Taylor has found a new series of books to read.  She reads really quickly and goes through books so fast!  Thursday also meant piano lessons and Cub Scouts.  For Cub Scouts, I took the boys to the library, so I got to visit twice in one day.  I only have 2 scouts right now, one of them was very familiar with the library and the other boy, it was his first time.  They have the library in the school, but this was our little public library.  I was also very grateful to Robert's parents for watching Michael and Rachel while I did piano lessons and scouts.  They can get very wiggly during those times.

Thursday was also the tenth anniversary of when Robert asked me to marry him.  Ten years ago we got engaged, that seems so crazy!  Where has the time gone?  We didn't do anything special since really we had celebrated on Wednesday.  I don't know how many people keep track of the day they got engaged, but it's an easy date for me 02-02-02 so I do remember.  I'm usually terrible remembering dates, but that is one I can remember.

Friday evening my mom, brother, and sister came over to give Lindsey her birthday presents a day early.  They weren't going to be able to see us on Saturday, but they wanted to make sure she got her gifts.  My mom made her a cute outfit.  Lindsey loves it and had to wear it on her birthday.  She also got a mini Bop-it game.  My dad got a big one for Christmas and every time we go to their house she likes to play it and she has had a lot of fun with her little one.

Saturday was Lindsey's birthday and she wanted to go to Agri-Action again.  I love that idea!  We stopped first to see her Aunt Melissa at work since Aunt Melissa had a gift for her.  She gave her some flowers to wear, so that she could be pretty around all those tractors.
Aren't those flowers pretty?
We love going to Agri-Action and climbing on the tractors, standing in the blades, or seeing the tires that are bigger than the kids.  We also love all the peanuts and candy, along with the pencils, pens, balloons, rulers and stickers that they get.  We can't forget the milk and cheese, either.




If you notice that we have an extra child, Jonanthon stayed the night with us Friday and we met up with her parents on Saturday at Agri-Action. 

After all the fun with the tractors, we went with Grandma, Grandpa, and Aunt Nicki to Golden Corral for some lunch.  Did you know that they now have cotton candy at the dessert bar?  Yeah, we had some sticky kids.  Then, we went to Kiwi Loco for more dessert.  We had some really full kids who only wanted a little bit of dinner that night, but of course they had room for cake.  Lindsey also got more presents.  Yeah, it was a really fun week.

1 comment:

Gallup Family said...

I keep track of my engagement day too :) (02-11-2001) Glad to see you guys are doing so well! Happy Belated Birthday Lindsey!