I had lost the battery charger to my camera, but I finally found it half-way through the week. We had quite a busy week. On Monday we went to the Care Center and after we left, I turned onto Main St. and realized the van was driving funny, so I pulled over, and sure enough, I had a flat tire. Robert was in Boise at that moment. I called my friend who goes to the Care Center with us. She was at her husband's office just outside of town, so she grabbed him and her boys and they came and rescued me. It was a good thing, too, because I wasn't used to our jack, and I had it upside down...oops.
When Robert got home he told me that his brother was coming up for the night. He had business in the area and since his kids had spring break, they were coming too. My kids were so excited to play with their cousins. So, instead of the Family Home Evening plans I had, we changed and visited with more family. We also got to play for a few hours the next morning before the cousins took off.
On Tuesday I got to see one of my cousins. He joined the Army lots of years ago and for a while he was in Germany, and he spent a couple of tours of duty over in the Middle East. He was just discharged from the Army and took a little road trip out our way. He spent some time at our house growing up, and even went to school with us for a year. I haven't seen him in over 10 years, so it was good to visit.
On Wednesday, Robert's sister came up to visit. It is their spring break, too. First, though, the kids joined me in helping out in the nursery for a funeral. We had lots more fun once all the cousins showed up. My kids stayed up way past their bed times playing. In the morning, we went back over and played some more. I skipped Story Time.
The kids had a lot of fun picking berries to make "pies" with. The found some old aluminum pie tins that they put the berries in and covered with pine needles. Not the kind of pie I would want to eat.
They also found the badminton rackets and a birdy. The hard part was making sure the dog didn't get the birdy. He finally did, then they played with a little plastic ball. Taylor was using her racket more like a tennis racket, though. It was funny to watch. Taylor and Lindsey had a to take a break from playing to go to piano lessons.
Friday all the cousins went home, and we headed to Twin. We needed to go to the Library and run a few other errands. Also, we stopped by and had Art Day with our home school group. At least, it was supposed to be a group, but my kids were the only ones who came. Oh well, we had fun.
On Saturday, I headed to Bountiful Baskets with Taylor and Rachel. Robert had Lindsey and Michael. He went over to see how our friend's house is coming along. They are building a new house and have the foundation all dug out and they were working on cleaning up some trees. The kids had a lot of fun playing on the huge piles of dirt. Robert really wanted to check out the tree chipper. We want to get some bark to put down in between our raised beds to help cut down on weeds. He said it worked pretty good, so we might have to see if it can come out here and take care of some of our dead limbs.
Today we had Stake Conference. Taylor was singing as part of a Children's Choir. It was really nice and she did a good job. After the meetings we went over to Matt's house and had dinner. It has been a really fun, and busy, week. I had thought maybe we would get back into our routines this week, but that didn't happen. Oh well, there's always next week.


No comments:
Post a Comment