Other than that, here is what we've been up to. A few weeks ago we had some really nice weather. That inspired us to do some yard work.
![]() |
| planting peas |
We planted some peas. That old gate is hopefully going to give them something to climb. When the peas are done it should be time to put cucumbers in and then they can climb the gate. Wish us luck.
I have been wanting a fence around my garden since we moved in. As we've priced out fencing materials and Robert's time, we haven't been able to get one up yet. Well, then I had a fantastic idea. I saw the coolest picture on pinterest:![]() | ||
With that in mind, I was inspired to take our "green" snowfence (pallets) and turn them into a fence around the garden.
Going into my garden is going to be a really cool arbor. I've been cutting down bunches of willows to cover the top with and I plan on using willows, apple branches and whatever else I can find to do the sides.
After the few nice days of sunshine we've had lots of days of wind and a few days of rain. It's a good thing we got the kids some wet weather gear.
They just take an umbrella out and they are good to go. Of course, with all of those puddles you can end up with some really wet kids.
I love that the weather does not intimidate my kids. They will go outside during rain, snow, or sunshine. The wind only bothers them a little. Being outside is good for them, and for me.
After all of that playing, sometimes the kids get really tired. Rachel one night didn't wait until bedtime to fall asleep.
She couldn't even finish her dinner, she was so tired. I wonder if she is going through a growth spurt because she's fallen asleep early a couple of times this past week.
We've also been doing lots of projects inside. The girls have planted some flower seeds and a few of them have germinated. We didn't label them so I'm not really sure what is coming up. I am excited to have flowers again this summer. We didn't have many flowers when I was growing, mostly lots of tomatoes. I love flowers, but I don't know much about growing them, so it's a fun learning experience for all of us.
I had jury duty last week and almost ended up on a jury. By the end of the day I was not dismissed, but they didn't have enough people to pick a jury from, so they had another day of jury selection. On the second day of selection the defendant changed his plea and they canceled the trial. The whole process was one that I found fascinating, but I was glad to not have to serve this week. I had lots of things planned.
Taylor and Lindsey both took their last State tests for the year. Taylor had the ISAT's. She scored advanced in all 3 test. She also was off the charts on her IRI. Lindsey quite impressed her tester by going off the charts on her IRI. We were told the only errors she had were words that she skipped in reading aloud. Words that were not important to the story. I've noticed that both of my girls will do that when reading aloud. Words like if, and, the, and of or other words. Their brain registers them, and they know what they are reading, it just doesn't always come out their mouths. I'm glad to be done with the tests for the year. Going to Twin 2 days in a row can make for a long week, especially when I have to stay close to pick up Taylor when her tests are done.
Now we are hoping for some nice weather so that we can finish up all of our projects.






No comments:
Post a Comment