Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Getting Ready for Baby

I know I still have a few more months, but I have a feeling they are going to be crazy with the holidays and everything.  So, I just wanted to get a list of things that we are going to need so I can be at least a little prepared.  If you aren't that interested, just skip this post, I promise, I won't hold it against you.

Infant car seat
Newborn size cloth prefold diapers about 20
x-small Thirsties brand diaper covers 5 should do it
pajamas
onesies

Okay, so that's the "I really need these" list, now the "these would be nice" list.

Moby wrap
nursing cover
clothes- depending on if it's a boy or girl, and what my sister-in-law has, and if I need the clothes from my sister in Montana
I would love a new pack-n-play with a bassinet, but we don't need one, it would just be nice


Hmmm... I think that's about it.  Yeah, my list is pretty small.  I gave away lots of stuff after having Rachel because I thought we were done, but I've also realized that I really don't need that much.  Seriously, for the first few weeks my babies pretty much live in their jammies, especially since it's going to be winter he/she will be mostly bundled up so you won't even see any cute outfits.  I still have lots of blankets, and it's pretty easy to make more, plus, I know some people who are really good at it and I'm planning on a few new ones coming already.  So, if anyone has a burning desire to get me something for my birthday or Christmas, any of these would be nice. 

2 comments:

DeeAnna said...

I have a nursing cover you can have!

DeeAnna said...

I've been trying to think what else I have...Abby's still using her carseat...I do have some nursing pads, my friend made me a TON and I only used half, they're really nice. I don't have any boy clothes--I gave them all away when I found out Abby was a girl! So I still have lots of girl stuff. I might have some of the cloth diapers, my MIL gave me some, I'll bring them to Thanksgiving and see if they are what you want. And anything else I find that you might want!