Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Boise Temple and More

I can't find my camera and I decided if I waited longer to post then I would forget.  So, last week we made the trip out to Boise to go through the temple open house.  It was beautiful!  They renovated the whole interior of the temple so that it looks so different from what I remember growing up.  The kids really loved it.  Rachel kept saying everything was "sparkly".  She loved all the chandeliers and lights.  She also told her aunt that the baptismal font had 12 bulls holding up the pool.  Taylor's favorite room was the Sealing room.  Lindsey's favorite part was all of it.  Michael liked the Celestial room.  On our way to Boise, Robert told me that his brother was also headed to Boise that day.  I kinda wondered if we would be able to get in touch with him, but we were on a tight schedule, so I wasn't sure.  Well, as we were driving down the freeway, who should we see but Chad.  We followed him to Mountain Home where he stopped to eat and we stopped to use the bathrooms.  We got to visit for a few minutes and that was a lot of fun.

When we got home, we got ready to go to an Election Night Party at a friend's house.  The elections didn't go quite the way I wanted them too, but the party was a lot of fun.  Needless to say, it was a long day and a late night, but good times.

Sadly, we lost our dog, Pepper, last week.  Pepper had very thick cataracts which made him pretty much blind and he walked right under a truck's tires.  We were all sad, but in some ways, relieved also.  Pepper was getting pretty old, I think he was about 14 and along with being blind we were starting to suspect that he might be having kidney problems.  Now he is happy and can see up in heaven and that makes us feel better.

Also last week Robert had a 2 day conference in Sun Valley for the Highway Board.  He really enjoyed the classes that he took and getting to meet with some of the vendors.  He actually ran into a few people that he knew from a previous job.  He said he was one of the youngest guys there.  There were only 2 other guys from other districts that were anywhere close to his age.  On the last night they had a nice dinner and he invited me to go with him.  So, my sister came and watched the kids and I got to have a prime rib dinner date with my husband, it was really nice.  They had a drawing for door prizes and I won a super soft throw and some hot chocolate.  I really hope I can go with Robert again in future years.  Next year it will be in Boise and it sounds like they have some fun activities for the spouses who come along.

No comments: