Sunday, December 23, 2012
Christmas Stories
This past month for Christmas we've been doing something new. Each night before bed I have been letting the kids pick out a Christmas book and I will read it to them. We don't have that many of our own, so I've been borrowing a lot of them from the library. I've decided I really like doing this, but I need to increase our personal library so that we can include more Christ based stories. I do have a bunch of wonderful stories that were collected and printed out for me, but the kids really prefer the ones with the pictures. I also found a wonderful collection at the library, but again, this book didn't have pictures either. It's been good for me to sit and read stories about giving and Christ and sharing. I'll admit, with all these hormones, and the fact that I would cry anyway, I've done a lot of crying these past couple weeks over some of the stories. Do you have any favorite Christmas stories that I should be looking for for our collection?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
We have a collection printed together that was given to us when we were first married. We read it every year. There are no pictures and sometimes the younger ones wander off but this year in particular the older two have been getting into it. I notice their eyes tear up just a bit over a few of them. My absolute favorite is the story of the boy who woke up an hour early and milked all of his father's cows for him. For some reason I bawl like a baby every time over that one. Oh, who am I kidding, I bawl over almost all of them!
Tasha, I dont know if you read Clover Lane, but she put out a list of their family favorites. My favorite from when I was a kid was The night before Christmas. Anyway here is a link to her blog, Merry Christmas! http://www.memoriesoncloverlane.com/2012/12/our-favorite-christmas-books.html
I love the Three Trees book (can't remember the exact name right now), and Jonathan Toomey something. I bought The Gift of the Magi and read it for the first time....pretty good.
Post a Comment