To start off with, both Michael and Taylor are sick. Michael has had a runny nose for a few days and a low fever off and on also. He hasn't been sleeping well and is pretty clingy. Taylor got a fever last night and said her tummy hurt so today she stayed home. I let the kids watch some movies since I wanted them to rest and get better, but after the first movie was over Taylor wanted to paint her nails. She's a big girl and I don't have a problem with that. We got out the nail polish and some paper to paint over and she and Lindsey began painting their nails. Michael wanted in on the fun so I painted his too....clear. After they got set I took Michael down to the family room and we were doing a little laundry. I would go back and check on the girls every so often, but they were good. Somewhere in the middle of all of it, though, Michael decided to join his sisters. All of a sudden I hear "Michael won't give me the nail polish!" That can't be a good thing. Michael had bright pink polish all over his hands, in his hair and on the table. He wouldn't let me get a very good picture, but you can see it in his hair and on his hand.

I decided that the easiest thing to do would be to just cut the polish out. I can't even imagine how long it would take to try and get it out any other way. So, Michael got another hair cut, this time a little bit shorter. You can see he still has a little bit of polish on his forehead, but that should wear off pretty soon, too.

He still doesn't feel very good and was especially clingy after this incident. Thankfully Robert came home early to help cuddle Michael.
On a better note, the girls and I began making their Valentines. We should probably finish them tomorrow, but I need to find my glue sticks, or get some new ones. I don't know where our craft supplies hide, but it seems I can never find them when I want them.
7 comments:
I've been there. Sarah wanted her nails painted once and I was on the phone so she decided to try to do it herself. The nail polish was everywhere. She still has the pjs that have orange nail polish down the front.
Wow he's sick and he'll let you buzz his hair-we can barely cut Tyler's hair with 1 holding him and 1 buzzing.
Fun, Fun Memories!
We love buzz cuts in this house-they are the best!!! (Especially when each child has 3 or 4 rooster tails/callicks making long hair impossible). But I love Michael's new look.
Kids sure keep life exciting, don't they? I'm going to try to post this picture from a friend on my blog, you'll appreciate it.
A Mess! :) Boys are so much fun!!! Just you waite. it get's funner :)
hey, thats looks fun! I am finally blogging too, check it out kalabandjarah.blogspot.com
hehehe.....hehehehehe......hehehehehehehehe
Post a Comment