Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Camping

We went camping over the weekend with my parents and my sister and brother-in-law. There was a little creek by our camp site where my sister took the girls, they had a lot of fun, even though the water was really cold. They played in the sand and waded all through the water.
The girls little bench broke and my poor little girl fell through. I think it got too near the fire and some ashed fell on it and burned a few small holes that when someone sat down the whole thing just ripped.

Rachel loved camping. She loves being outside and so this was great for her. She did get bit by the mosquitoes, though, poor kid.

The kids also had a lot of fun playing frisbee. With such a great uncle, no wonder they loved camping.

So yeah, we didn't get to go camping as much as we wanted to this summer. My sister said she was going over Labor Day and we just kinda tagged along. I knew we hadn't done enough camping when sitting around the fire the first night Taylor says "Yeah, someday we will go camping". We let her know that is exactly what we were doing right then. I had also forgotten the diaper bag. Luckily I realized it when we stopped to pick up some wood so Robert was able to run to the little store in Carey and get some diapers for the kids. Unfortunately the diaper bag also had the camera in it, so I had to borrow my mom's, (thanks again Mom). Then, after a fun night of camping and a fun day of playing we headed home. We got half-way between Richfield and Carey when the van got a flat tire. I sure was glad that Robert was behind me in his truck. Eventually we got everyone home safe and sound and the kids into a bath, they were VERY dirty. It was so much fun to go up in the mountains and get away from it all.

1 comment:

Katrina Wilson said...

yeah you can't tell from that picture but the water was FREEZING!!