This week has been so much fun! Taylor has really been on a cooking kick lately and she is always asking if she can help with dinner, or make dinner. Well, this week she made chicken noodle soup and grilled cheese sandwiches (almost) all by herself. I did have to open the can for her because she wasn't sure how to use the can opener. I showed her how to flip the sandwiches, but other than that, she did it all herself. They were only a little well done and that was mostly my fault because I did set the temperature of the pan. Other than that, they were really yummy!
We have also started potty training Rachel. The first day she didn't want her pretty panties, I convinced her to wear underwear by letting her wear Michael's Lightening McQueen underwear and Thomas Train underwear. Michael really didn't like that, but the next day she would wear her own, so life was okay again. It's still a long process, I think. Mostly because I get distracted by the dogs and laundry and everything else, so I don't always catch her, but we will get there. She likes to practice, though and has no problems sitting on the potty, so that is nice.
Also about Rachel, she has a super cute pink pair of cowgirl boots that she wears all the time. She has even started wearing them to bed.
The weather was so nice the beginning of the week. The girls would come home from school and they would all go out and dig and play in the dirt. I loved it! I didn't even really care if they got their homework done or not, they are only kids once and I was happy that they could play outside. It rained almost all weekend, so those nice, sunny warm days are coming to an end for the year.
Taylor got my camera and took a couple of pictures, so here is the world from Taylor's point of view. I love digital cameras and that you don't have to worry about kids wasting film and you can always delete pictures after they have been taken.
Robert didn't have to work on Friday, so Thursday night he and one of his friends went out into the mountains to go hunting. I think they really just wanted an excuse to go out in the woods and shoot at things, but either way, they went. They didn't get a deer, but they did get plenty of exercise. And I got to stay home with the kids and work on potty training Rachel and house training the puppy. He is quite a handful, but so cute! However, I don't think I ever want to raise another puppy, I'd much prefer to get them once they are house trained and no longer chewing on everything, about 3 years old.
Saturday and Sunday were super fun days for us. My wonderful sister came over to help babysit my brother's kids and we got to see her. She came to a bridal shower with me and hung out with me and my girls most of the day Saturday. That was so much fun. On Sunday we all went to my brother's house for dinner.
1 comment:
I love how kids always want to help out so much. It makes everything so much more interesting. Good luck with your potty training. I am still working on Kayla (it's been a few months now), but you have more experience with it than I do!
Post a Comment