The week of Halloween was not a fun one in our house. Rachel got sick in the beginning of the week. I brought her into bed with me and luckily I had put a towel under her because it wasn't too long before I heard her gagging and I was able to use the towel to catch all of the sick. We went through a lot of towel that night, but we did not have to change the sheets each time, which was really good.
Thursday night I started to feel yucky, and then got worse. I was up sick all night, and right after I got sick, we heard Michael coming to our room, and then he got sick. I was really glad Robert wasn't working on Friday because he ended up taking care of Michael all night since I was in the bathroom all night. Friday I was supposed to do the class party for Lindsey's Kindergarten class, but I had to call another mom and have her take over for me because I couldn't make it in. I was really sad to be missing it. The Kindergarten always makes Witches Brew for part of their party. Lindsey thought that was a lot of fun. Then, shortly after lunch we got a call to come and pick up Taylor, she had gotten sick at school. Michael finally fell asleep when Robert took the girls into school and he ended sleeping for 8 hours and woke up feeling great, asking for candy. As we were eating dinner, Lindsey said her stomach began to hurt, and then she got sick. So, 4 out of 6 of us were sick at once.
Saturday was our school Halloween Carnival. All of the kids but Lindsey were feeling better, so Robert took them in. I still was feeling pretty weak so I stayed home with Lindsey. Then he took Taylor and Michael trick-or-treating. They only went to about 5 houses because the weather wasn't all that great and we were all still a little tired. I was good with that. I didn't need a lot of candy in the house anyway. They made it to their teachers houses and that was what they really wanted to do.
Sunday we kept all the kids home from church because they then all got stuffy, runny noses and we thought maybe we should be safe than sorry. They got better quickly, though. I was so happy for the week to end.
2 comments:
Ick! Joseph and Caleb got sick Halloween week, too, but just short little bouts. Glad you're feeling better, looking forward to Thanksgiving!
poor kids same here our kids being sicked too....but i'm glad they feel betta now...miss you guys
Post a Comment