Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Puppies and Problems

You know what, puppies are a lot more work than I remember. Diego is a good dog, but he is still a puppy and is chewing on everything! He chewed my camera cord in half! I need to get a replacement or something. So, I have pictures, and maybe someday they will get on here, but for now, sorry, no pictures.

Rachel's potty training is going well. She likes getting her treats for going on the potty. We have a little potty chair for her that I brought out to make it closer, but we also have a Care Bear insert for the big toilet. She really likes her "Care Bear Cubs". Funny story, I put her on her little potty and told her to try and go. Well, she peed a little, then had to stand up and look, then sat back down and peed a little more, had to turn and look again before sitting down and finishing. It was so cute, she was so proud of herself. And she loves wearing her underwear, even if it is over her pajamas.

We also have some storage sheds now. My wonderful Father-in-Law got us a couple of sheds at a farm auction and then brought them over for us. One of them will be used to store things like the lawn mower in the summer time and the other will most likely be used for housing some kind of animal, most likely a sheep. We are thinking about using a sheep as a lawn mower for the orchard during the summer time.

We also had our first Bountiful Basket pick-up in Shoshone. It went okay all things considering. Our truck was over an hour late. I guess they had added new sites, but didn't adjust driving times, and he also had to take a detour to a new site and got lost. So, there were a lot of volunteers to help, and there weren't that many baskets, so it went quickly. I am so excited to have a site in Shoshone. We have eaten healthier since starting to order Bountiful Baskets and we have also eaten more adventurously. I am learning to cook with a lot of different foods. The kids aren't really sure what to think about it all, but I am enjoying it. I'm sure they will get used to it and when they are all grown up they will thank me, right?

After we got everything cleaned up from the Bountiful Baskets we went to move the van, and the battery was dead. The kids were playing in there while we waited for the truck and had turned some lights on. We had someone come and bring us jumper cables, since our had gotten moved out of the van and not put back. While we were waiting for them to show up, Robert went to the Snack Bar and got us some lunch, so we had a nice picnic outside. It was fun to do that with the kids, especially since the weather is turning cold now.

One day when I was taking the girls out to the bus, I saw this beautiful scene. The sun was just barely lighting the horizon, but the moon was still out. I decided a tri-pod would be really nice to have for these low light pictures. I really live in a beautiful part of God's Earth.

1 comment:

Countrylivn' said...

I got my basket ordered! I am so excited!