Well, I still can't get pictures onto my computer, so another week with none of them. This past week wasn't too eventful.
On Wednesday I had the opportunity to take Taylor to the dentist. She was complaining that her tooth hurt so in we went. It turns out she has two cavities. They are both in molars, on opposite sides of her mouth. We go in this week to take care of the worst one. She will either get a princess crown, or if it is too bad, she will get a princess spacer until her adult tooth grows in. Then we will come back again later for the other side.
It frosted really heavy one day this week and Lindsey had to tell me "Mom, the weeds look like Rudolph!" It was true, with all their little spiky leave, they looked like frosted antlers. We've dug out hats and scarves, but our gloves and mittens have disappeared, so we need to find those.
My mom got some costumes for the kids on clearance, including a Spiderman costume for Michael. He has been wearing it almost every day. If not that one, then the Captain America one. The girls also got costumes and love dressing up in them. One of them came with an Orange wig and that has been a hit. My kids love dressing up, it is one of their favorite things to do. In fact, Rachel loves it so much that she even tries to get into my make-up. This week she used up the rest of a tube of lipstick on her face and legs. Mommy was not a happy camper, but I did get some pictures for future reference.
This week we had a Relief Society class on how to cook Thanksgiving and we had a cook from a restaurant in Ketchum come to teach us. It was a lot of fun and I came away inspired. I want to try some of her recipes and if I hadn't already had my weeks menu planned then I would have tried it last week, but instead it transferred to this week. Having a menu has really saved me. I love knowing what I'm going to cook ahead of time. I don't do well with last minute what am I going to cook questions. I draw a blank. Plus I already have a base with what I got in my Bountiful Basket, so then I used that as inspiration for the week.
Week Two of Bountiful Baskets went well. The truck was on time and so were the volunteers, in fact, they all beat me there. I don't think I was that late, but I was a little late. This week I'll plan on being earlier. There are a lot of new participants and that is good. I know that we will be getting an extra basket this week because of Thanksgiving. My mom and brother came to watch my kids for me because Robert had meetings. My dad came with me to see more of what I do. He's had some people at work asking him questions so hopefully this gave him some more answers for them. The kids loved having Grandma and Uncle Luke play with them.
Luke is going to visit my sister this coming weekend so he took some things for her, like our crib and the cloth diapers. Now Rachel really need to get potty trained because I got rid of all but 2 or 3 of our diapers. I did keep those for night times. I love that the house is becoming clearer a little bit at a time, so thank you, Katrina, for taking those for me. I will get my house decluttered one of these days.
2 comments:
Love how the new family picture looks on your bloghead! The kids are getting excited to see you guys on Thanksgiving, I think we're coming on thursday afternoon (can't miss the pies!) ;)
Tash the family look really great...you got a BEAUTIFUL FAMILY miss you guys..
Post a Comment