Monday, February 21, 2011

Crazy Weather

What is up with all the crazy weather?! Yesterday we had winds blowing snow all over the place. In fact, when Robert left for work he used the grill of his truck to plow through snowdrifts to get out of the driveway. No way was I going anywhere until it got cleared. My van just doesn't have the horsepower and clearance that the truck has. On the plus side, at one time our thermometer said it was 60 degrees today. When the kids began telling me they were board, I told them to get their snow stuff on and go outside and they did. The spent quite a bit of time outside today. They have raised up the swings so that they can swing above the snow. Then, the next time I saw them they were out playing in the orchard. They liked to climb the snow hills and I'm not sure what else, but they had fun and got fresh air. I'm glad for that. Now they are forecasting a chance of more snow later this week, but for today, I'm glad it was calm and sunny.

2 comments:

DeeAnna said...

I know, crazy! Last night we got about five inches--we went from snow in just a couple patches and crocuses blooming to completely covered and snow shovels, and an inch more before it stopped. Then by this afternoon it was mostly melted. As long as we can make it to Idaho this weekend I'll be happy! See ya!

Dena said...

Super crazy weather right? It's even been crazy here in CA. It snowed in San Francisco the other day. That was the first time in 35 years! BTW, I love your new family portrait!