I just realized that I never posted about Lindsey's birthday on here. Since I am trying to simplify the amount of "things" we have in our house, and to possibly help with our spending, we have decided to give the kids experiences for their birthdays and fewer toys and such. This year for Lindsey's birthday we went to Agri-Action in Twin Falls. Now, if you've never been to Agri-Action you are missing out! You can actually climb up into the big tractors and pretend you are driving them, at least, that is what my kids like to do. Also, many of the booths have peanuts that you can grab and you can just drop the shells on the ground and it's okay! Plus you can get really cool pens, pencils, and keychain flashlights for free. I mean, what could Robert and I buy that would possible top all of that?
The kids thought it was so cool that many of the tires were so big that they could sit inside of them. I think they sat in just about all of the big tires.
After Agri-Action we had dinner and ice cream at our house for those that wanted to join us. Lindsey was quite specific that she wanted sprinkles, maraschino cherries, and wafer cookies to go with her ice cream. She had received a birthday card in the mail with a picture of ice cream that had all of those things. She also got some presents. From her Grandma and Grandpa N she got a cute metal suitcase that she has been using to store her treasures in. She got a Princess bag and book from her aunts, some clothes and shrinky dinks from her other grandparents, and candy from her aunt and uncle. She also got an Oklahoma shirt from her daddy since he was gone the whole week before her birthday.
Fortunately for us Agri-Action is almost always around Lindsey's birthday, so we may just end up making it a tradition.
No comments:
Post a Comment