Thursday, April 14, 2011

If April Showers bring May flowers then April Snowstorms bring...


....mud and cold. Last week we got snow almost every day it seemed like. Most of the time the snow would be gone by later afternoon, but still, I don't want more snow when all of the snow is finally gone. I can understand adding it to existing snow, but come on, I'm starting to feel spring. My bulbs are starting to come up.

I have done horrible at blogging lately. Part of the problem has been the fact that Robert has been hurt. He pinched a nerve in his back and we are trying to get him better. It seems like he is doing better, and then he goes and does something he shouldn't yet and hurts it more. He has been to the chiropractor quite a bit and he is now also seeing a massage therapist to help get his spine in alignment and loosen up that pinched nerve.

Last week I needed to go to a meeting in Carey and I was going to be gone before Robert was going to be home, so I took the kids with me. They had a lot of fun playing at Grandma and Grandpa's house, but even more fun when they got to go to Uncle Matt's house and play with the Gator again.

Of course, it was snowing there, too, so Rachel didn't stay out too long. Then, they ran the battery out on the Gator and although the swing set is pretty cool, they opted to come inside and play after a while. Thanks to Uncle Luke who watched them while we were all at our meeting :) My meeting ended up going quite late and after I got done talking with my Mom I decided that maybe I should just stay the night in Carey. The kids got to have a sleep over with their cousins. I can't believe that they all stayed up until almost midnight, but they were all up by 7:15 the next morning. They don't do that at home when they do get to bed earlier. It made for a long day Saturday.

The meeting I went to was a mini-training for Bountiful Baskets. It has really grown in this area and very quickly. It was to make sure that we know all the proper procedures and to answer any questions that people may have about it. It was a good meeting and I have some people that I've been training, so it was good for them, too. I increased the number of baskets that we have in Shoshone and they are still selling out! I think it is so great that so many people are able to get such good produce for such a great price. I know my family has been blessed. We eat so many more fruits and vegetables and we have tried so many new foods and recipes that I don't know we would have otherwise.

2 comments:

Countrylivn' said...

We are excited for warmer days to get here too! BTW Rachels bangs are so cute, she looks like such a big girl!

Dena said...

I am so sorry that you are still getting snow. Hopefully summer decides to join you soon!