

A couple of people got hair cuts. Robert was complaining that his hair was getting long, and Michael needed his cut.
Rachel decided she couldn't be left out, so she got bangs. This may be a good thing since she won't keep her ponytails in and her hair was getting into her face a lot of the time.
Taylor and my cousin have decided to become pen pals. My cousin is Taylor's age and lives in Oregon. We got a letter this week from her, so it was our turn to write back. Lindsey also wrote letters to a couple of other cousins. Having pen pals is so fun, and getting letters in the mail is great! I think it's becoming a lost art.
My kids find the oddest places to fall asleep. Rachel has her feet hanging off the couch and is squished in between two cushions. At one point in time, she was on the back of the couch, but must have wiggled her way down.

Rachel found a dry erase marker and decided to make her own art work on the wall. Needless to say this mommy was not happy. This is after scrubbing to get it off. I quit scrubbing once I started taking the paint off the wall.
This did inspire me to wash the rest of the hallway, though. Now I want to paint it. I have some paint leftover the same color as the family room, so maybe that is what I'll do.Taylor got a hole in the knee of a pair of pants. Am I surprised? No, not really. This was on the opposite leg of a pair that I had already patched. I know she doesn't really like her overalls, so I asked her if she wanted me to make her a dress out of the instead. Since she really doesn't have play dresses she thought that sounded great. Here it is:
The biggest problem, though, is that she can't ride her bike very well in her dress. Not sure what to do about that. Lindsey now wants me to do the same with her overalls. My girls may end up with more skirts than pants and I'd be okay with that.Friday was Michael's birthday. We didn't do much to celebrate Friday because we were going to be having half of the family come over Saturday. My brother brought over this fun little kids Gator. The kids had a lot of fun driving it around the yard. Too bad he took it back home with him.

They got 4 kids all loaded into that thing. Rachel really loved riding around in it. I guess when you have that many kids in there then it doesn't go quite as fast and it runs the battery down faster.

Even Taylor got a turn to drive, even though she barely fits.

Michael got some new clothes for his birthday and some really fun file folder games. I love having the file folder games for church and when I have meetings or something where I need the kids to play quietly.
We also got to listen to General Conference this weekend. It was so nice. Saturday we just listened at home. I only got 1/2 of the second session because I had to leave for Bountiful Baskets. Sunday we watched it at Grandma and Grandpa Newey's house. Taylor found some old Friend magazines to look at and even found a poem by a boy from our town, that was kinda cool. It has been a wonderful week and I'm really sad for the girls to go back to school tomorrow. I can hardly wait until Summer comes and school is over!
1 comment:
Rachel's hair is so cute! It makes her look grown up! We might get to see you guys next week, we're thinking of spending sunday night in Richfield, but we'd have eto leave Monday. Hopefully!
Post a Comment