Last weekend we had the wonderful opportunity to go to Oregon to see my cousin be baptized. A trip that I wasn't sure we were going to make. The Monday before our trip, Lindsey and Taylor both got sick. Luckily, they got feeling better pretty quickly. Then, on Wednesday, Rachel threw up all over my bed. That was not a fun experience for me, but I'm glad she didn't get me. However, by Friday everyone seemed okay. My mom traveled with us. She came over, we loaded her bags into the van, and with a short stop in Twin to get some books for the road, we were off.
This is the first time that I've been to my Aunt's house in Oregon, and only my second time in Oregon ever. The drive was really pretty, but I'm not a fan of heights, and there were some mountain passes that I really didn't care for. We got to Oregon safe and sound and had a wonderful evening playing, talking, and eating.
The morning was a different story, for me at least. I woke up sick. It seems that I either had eaten something that didn't agree with me (maybe I shouldn't have saved my lunch for later?) or that the flu my kids had caught up with me. I, unfortunately, didn't make it to the baptism that day, but mom took my kids and they all did. My cousin looked beautiful in her white dress and I'm quite sad I wasn't able to make it.
After the baptism, the kids had a blast playing on the water slide. My uncle took a large piece of black plastic out to the middle of his yard, squirted some cheap shampoo on it, and turned on the sprinklers. I wish I had been feeling well enough to get my camera out. I hadn't brought the kids swim suits, so they were just in shorts and t-shirts, but they had so much fun running and sliding. They were, of course, soaked through, but happy.
The next day was Sunday and we went to church. Rachel really surprised me by going to nursery and not crying at all. I even got her between Sunday School and Relief Society to take her to the bathroom, and she went back no problems. The other kids had fun in their classes. Lindsey didn't have a cousin in her class, but her aunt got to be her teacher, and I heard she was one of the best behaved. Mom and I got to go to Relief Society. That is something that doesn't happen all that often for us since we play the piano in primary. After church we had lunch and then packed up and headed home. It was a really nice visit. There were quite a few family members there that I haven't seen in quite a while, so it was nice to see them. I only wish I hadn't been so sick. Maybe next time I go to Oregon it will be better :)
And speaking of seeing family, the Thursday before we left, I got to see one of my Uncle's that I haven't seen in about 5 years. He was up visiting from Northern California and stopped in at my parent's house so I went over. Boy my cousins have all grown up! I feel so very blessed to have such a wonderful family. I love getting together with them and learning all about what they have been doing, and to feel the love and camaraderie that we all have when we are together.
No comments:
Post a Comment