I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I know we did. We had the opportunity to have my parents, my youngest brother and sister, and a friend and her family come and join us for dinner (lunch). I got to host at my house this year, and I took care of the turkey. It is the first time in my life that I have done a turkey all by myself. I did cook the turkey one year when I was about 16 because my mom had a broken elbow, but she was right behind me telling me what to do. This year I was on my own. I put the turkey in the fridge on Monday and I was hoping it would be thawed Thursday morning. It was a pretty big turkey. Well, when I took the wrapping off it, there were chunks of ice around the legs and the inside was still frozen. So, I put it in a sink of water for about 45 minutes and we were all good. I don't think I did too bad for hosting this year, even if I did forget to make the stuffing (and the really sad part was, we were just doing Stovetop). I also forgot to put the pickles and grape tomatoes out. Even with all that, it still turned out pretty good. After eating and spending some time visiting, my friend took off to join some of her family, and we went around the corner to Robert's family for pies. My family came too.
I got my birthday pie. Yes, Thursday was also my birthday. I asked for a German Chocolate pie that also happens to be gluten free. Robert and Taylor made it for me and it was delicious. I think I ate most if it by myself. I also got a couple of really cool books. One was a compilation of 4 Charles Dixons books, and the other was the complete works of Lewis Carroll. I also got a really nice piano book that I've had my eye on. Robert got us a night in a hotel in Twin, and he came shopping with me Friday morning.
Yep, we went shopping Friday morning, but we only went to 1 store, JoAnn's. My husband must really love me to get up early and spend time in a fabric store. There were a couple other places I thought about going, but we didn't spend too much time in Twin because we had to get back and get ready to go cut our Christmas tree. We went up north of Ketchum to find a tree to cut down and bring home. There was a lot more snow up there than we have here, especially since we don't have any snow at our house. Robert said that climbing up the hill it was knee deep to hip deep in some places. I stayed by the cars with Rachel and Robert's sister, who had a little baby, and Grandma. The other kids had a lot of fun playing in the snow. I forgot my camera so I didn't get any pictures all weekend. I'm kinda bummed about that.
It was a really fun weekend, though. The kids played with cousins a lot. The adults got to talk and visit. We had some really yummy food and overall, we just enjoyed being family.
2 comments:
Sounds so fun! Happy Birthday, I was thinking of you, and Deanna all weekend! Glad you had a good day!
I'm sorry! Just last night I uploaded pix off my camera, I'll e-mail some to you today or tomorrow! It was a fun time, we're really looking forward to the family Christmas party in a couple weeks! Let us know when you'll be down and we'll try to get some fun things lined up for us all to do.
Post a Comment