Monday, April 14, 2014

It's Spring on the Farm

Happy Spring everyone!  We've had lots of exciting things happening over here in the last little while.  We have 15 new baby lambs that are so cute and darling.  The kids have loved going out and seeing them and helping take care of them.  They have had to do a little bit of bottle feeding, but they don't have to do that anymore.  Out of the 15, 10 are boys and only 5 are girls. It's just been interesting that we have had so many more boys than girls this year.  I really want to start figuring out how to work with the wool.  Some neighbors are going to be doing some felting classes and spinning classes soon, so that should be fun.

Speaking of new babies, we are excited to be welcoming a new addition to our family in the early part of October!  For probably the last 8-9 months I would have moments where I would look at my kids and feel like someone was missing, so I would do a headcount and they would all be there and I've just known there was another spirit that was impatiently waiting to join our family.  So, I wasn't really surprised when I found out I was pregnant, but if I could have timed it, I would have waited a few months more.  I don't look forward to being hugely pregnant during the hottest part of summer.  This baby is due on Robert's birthday.  Since my last 3 have picked memorable birthdays I wouldn't be one bit surprised if Robert ends up sharing his birthday with this little one.  Michael is rooting for a boy, and so is Lindsey.  Michael just really wants a brother, but Lindsey says we have started a pattern and a boy would fit, but a girl would mess it up.  The things these kids think of. 

The little jumping bean was very active, but you can kinda make out a hand near a face
Taylor and Lindsey have been doing archery in 4-H again this year.  Well, again for Taylor, it's the first year for Lindsey.  They just finished up their State shoot.  Neither one of them placed, but Taylor did better this year than she did last year and Lindsey did pretty good for her first year also.  There is one more shoot that they might do.  It is a 3-D shoot where they shoot foam targets of real animals, or something like that.
Lindsey shooting

Taylor shooting

Taylor is also raising chickens for her Grandpa Eddie.  He has an egg selling business and wants her to raise up some replacement hens.  I don't know how many she has right now, but it's a bunch of them.  Elizabeth isn't quite sure about all of the animals. She likes the lambs for the most part, but the chickens she really isn't sure of.  They are fun to look at, but if they start to get to close she gets a little wary.
I know there has been more that has happened.  Lindsey, Rachel, and Michael all had birthdays and I went to Arizona for a few days last month.  I just can't think of it all to put in a post.  I'm just glad that I am finally feeling human again and that I got something new up on the blog. 

Just so Michael and Rachel don't get left out, here are a couple of pictures of them.



1 comment:

Countrylivn' said...

Fun, busy days for the Neweys!