Thursday, September 15, 2016

Wood Chips!


Have you ever wanted free mulch? Well the power company was going around and having trees cut that were close to power lines. The limbs were then either chipped or shredded. I asked the drivers what they did with it after that and was told that they just take it to the dump unless someone wants it. Well, I told them I wanted some.





I watched a documentary a couple years ago where they took wood chips and used them to mulch their garden and trees. It was very interesting and I wanted to try it out, but didn't know how to get that much mulch.


So far I put some in the chicken coop for bedding and we have started mulching around some of the trees. There is lots more work to do, though. It should be an interesting experiment to see if it makes any difference.

No comments: