A neighbor had extra corn and invited people to help him pick it. We went and filled up quite a few bags and boxes. The kids had so much fun hiding in the rows of corn.
Once we got the corn home the real work came. Kids shucked while I blanched and cut it off the cob. then we just put it into freezer bags and froze it. Then, because I didn't get it all done in one day Taylor and Lindsey finished it while I took the little ones to do some testing for school.
 |
| I think there is close to 10 dozen ears there. |
We should have plenty of corn for this winter. It feels good to put food up and know that you have it for later. It has really helped us eat better and helped our food budget to live in a place where we can grow our own food and also share in the bounty of our neighbors.
No comments:
Post a Comment