Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Canning Peaches

I have never canned peaches before this year. I don't like canned peaches, I rarely eat canned peaches, and I've had nightmares about being covered in sticky peach juice. However, my kids really like canned peaches and Taylor told me that she would help me out if I canned some this year. So, I ordered a case of peaches and we got to work.
I blanched and she did most of the peeling. It went a lot fast when I showed her how easily the skins would slip off if you did it just right. We worked together to pit and slice them. Once we had a bowl full then I started canning and she kept slicing.
All in all we canned 12 quarts with the kids eating a couple out of the box. I think I could do this again next year and maybe get 2 boxes. It really wasn't as bad as I feared it would be and it was nice working with Taylor on it.
I'm not sure the purple jars really captured the essence of the pears.



No comments: