A couple of days after our camping trip we headed out again to go to Wyoming. This time it was for my nephew's baptism. Caleb brought his family up to baptize his son in Wyoming and it made it much easier for all of us to attend. We didn't want to have to get up super early to get there on time so we got a room in the Star Valley area. It was really nice. It was actually 2 rooms and more of a small apartment, actually. It even had a furnished kitchen so we could cook our own breakfast. The outside was totally set up for tourists, and we took advantage of it.
One of the rooms had bunkbeds and the couch folded out into a futon bed, but we still had the two littlest in the room with us. This is how I found Sara in the morning. She wiggles around a bit when she sleeps.
After the baptism we went to a park for lunch. Katrina had made numbered shirts for the grandchildren in the order that they joined our family. It was so neat to see Mom and Dad with the kids. Each family had a different colored shirt. I snapped a quick picture, but we did have someone else taking better pictures. I can't wait to see what the real pictures end up looking like.
 |
| 18 of the 19 current grandchildren |
 |
| My cousin Maddy rocking Leah to sleep on the swings |
Caleb and Nicole also told us about a hike to a place called Intermittent Springs. I guess in the late summer and fall the springs will actually stop for a couple minutes, then flow again for a bit before stopping again. Right now the water level was too high for that, but it was a fairly easy hike and I think we all enjoyed it.
 |
| Caleb with Taylor behind him up near where the springs come out of the mountainside |
|
Then we also decided to stop and see the new Star Valley Temple that is being built. The outside looks done but they are still working on the inside and the landscaping. It is a little temple, but is sure was pretty.
 |
| I gained another boy for this picture and Rachel was mad at me. |
Then we had to hurry home. Robert and I both had talks to give in church the next day and I had a lesson to teach in Relief Society. It sure was fun seeing so much family, though. I don't think there is much better in life than strong family bonds and it was wonderful to help strengthen some of those last month.
No comments:
Post a Comment