Saturday, August 6, 2016

Fair 2016

Last week we finished up another year of 4-H with the Lincoln County Fair. It was a fun and crazy week. Taylor and Lindsey both had Dairy Heifers in the fair and Michael had a sheep.
Taylor's heifer was named Jackie after the outlaw Diamond field Jack. Lindsey's heifer was named Scatach after a character in a book series called The Alchemist. Michael's sheep was named Joan after Joan of Arc. They all did pretty good in showing and then the little kids got to take the animals in the Baby Bottle Brigade.

It was really hot at the fair. I was very happy to learn that the Fair Board brought in a couple of things for visitors to use for free.  There was a waterslide, bouncy house, and train.  A carnival also came in with more attractions, but those weren't free.



The hardest part of the week was the fact that I could not get Sara to take a nap. She really needed one, but just wouldn't lay down. I finally could get her to sleep if I put her in the stroller and walked around long enough looking at things she had already seen.
In the middle of fair week we did take a quick trip down to Ogden, Ut to see my nephew get married. I almost didn't get to watch the sealing. We stopped in Burley to put gas in the van and I was going to go in a buy a drink when I realized I had left my wallet in the camper at the fairgrounds. My temple recommend was in my wallet. Luckily for me when we got to the temple they were able to call my bishop and get the ok for me to go in. We were the last ones to get there, but I'm so glad they waited for us. It was a beautiful sealing and a beautiful, and hot, day.

This year I also kinda got my act together and decided to enter a few things into the fair. I entered a jar of cherries that I had canned, a jar of pickled asparagus, and a set of crocheted hot pads. I got a blue ribbon on my asparagus and red ribbons on my cherries and hot pads. Those ribbons gave me a premium of $2.50! Next year maybe I will have a few more canned goods to enter. It was kinda fun, actually. The kids also entered a few things in the fair. Taylor put in a couple of paracord bracelets she made. Lindsey entered a friendship bracelet she made, and Michael entered a lego creation he made.

No comments: