On Saturday we went north to check out some yard sales. Robert needed to go in to check on some things at work, so we dropped him off and me, my children, and my sister decided to follow David and Colleen, since they knew where the sales were. We get to the first one after dropping Robert off and look around. I got the kids a Radio Flyer sled which I know they will love this coming winter. Then, as we were leaving a guy pulls up next to us and lets us know we have a flat tire. I pull quickly into a church parking lot and realize that I don't know how to get the spare out, I have a car full of kids, oh and a puppy (we took Flower with us), my husband is not with me and my in-laws are off at the next sale. My sister took the puppy and kids and started walking to the closest yard sale while I called Melissa (she and Nicki were with David and Colleen) and then Robert so that he could tell me how to get the spare tire out. I had the tire out and was working on loosening the lug nuts when David got there. Shortly after that, Robert showed up. Colleen and her girls went in search of my children while we changed the tire and headed to Les Schwab for new tires. Robert had to get back to work, so we ended up spending a lot of time at the park waiting for my van. The other car went to a few more sales since they are really serious buyers, and we had lots of fun meeting new friends and playing. Soon, our van was done and we were on our way to a few more places.
I think I did pretty good with my buying. I got a huge mirror at a great price, now I need to get it hung. I love mirrors, they make the room seem bigger and brighter. I also found a doll cradle for Lindsey, I have been looking for one for a while, of course she was sleeping when I found it and I don't think she has seen it yet, so none of you tell her. We also got a large pot for one of our lemon trees. The trees are still little, but they should grow. I didn't get a lot, but then again, I don't have a lot of places to put things either. I like what I did get, though. Next time I go, however, I will check the oil, the tires, and the gas just in case. I don't want anything else to happen, especially if Robert isn't there to save my sanity.
No comments:
Post a Comment