Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Windy Days

Will the wind ever stop? Just when I think that it might start to get nice, the wind picks up again. I could handle a gentle breeze, but this is ridiculous. Yesterday we had nice weather in the morning and I had heard that we were supposed to have more sun, so I went out and planted my tomatoes. Robert was really glad to see our counters. Then, the wind started up and it hasn't stopped. The leaves of my plants have been blown dry and I only hope that some of my tomatoes make it. This is my first spring here, so I guess live and learn. Next year I will wait until the middle of June or something. In the meantime I've hung sheets and blankets to try and block the wind as much as I can.

1 comment:

Idaho Sutters said...

The weather is so nasty! Just FYI it's usually not like this. We do have windy days, but nothing like this. It's been so bad that I'm thinking about cancelling swimming lessons next week and just taking them later in the summer. We'll see... (and you should try to play t-ball in this!)