Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Craft Time

So now that it is the next day, maybe I've calmed down enough to tell you what happened yesterday. I had put Michael down for his nap and I was resting myself. Lindsey kept going into my room, which she really isn't supposed to do so I asked her what was going on. She told me she needed to wash her hands, they were sticky, and her sink had bath toys filling it up. I'm not opposed to cleanliness, so I said go ahead, then I looked at her hands, they had glue on them. Knowing that I didn't leave any glue for her to get into and knowing she isn't supposed to have glue, I asked her what she was doing and where she got the glue. Her mind seemed not to work and that moment and she couldn't remember. She seems a little young to be forgetting things already. I went into her room, the place she was last seen in, and discovered her "crafts". She had taken some Jenga blocks and glued them together, with a yellow block on the top. Quite the tower and if it stayed glued Michael couldn't knock it down. She had this tower sitting on a little sit and spin that they have. There was a puddle of glue on the sit and spin with beads sprinkled in it. When I asked where she got the beads, she said from inside a bear. I haven't quite figured out which of their stuffed animals is minus its' stuffing. The beads were also scattered all over the room. This mommy was one unhappy camper at this time and after informing Lindsey that we only do crafts at the table with Mommy's help I sent her to time-out. She sat in the chair, hid under a blanket and fell asleep. Later, when I went to find something in my craft room I discovered the origin of the glue and a large patch of almost dry glue on the floor. I will most likely have to cut that out unless someone out there has any ideas for me.

7 comments:

GatesGang said...

hahaha that is way to funny I have gone through things like that aren't they wonderful. Trista used that foam bath stuff on her new tv once and said it needed a bath haha

Idaho Sutters said...

I do not like crafts for that very reason. Messes everywhere! I'm sorry about your carpet I have no ideas for you!

DeeAnna said...

Aren't kids crazy? Some days I can't beleive the things they get into, but yeah, it's usually funny after. Like when I see the pictures of little Caleb sitting in a mud puddle with just a diaper and enough mud on him to plant a garden. Not so funny at hte time, but great now. What kind of glue is it?

Gallup Family said...

I researched your glue problem and some people say a product called Goo Gone. Others say that hot water and steam remove water soluble glues. Good luck!

Countrylivn' said...

NO NAPS for Mommies, I have had a problem like that every time I try to nap when the kids are still awake. It is so hard to be the mom and go on NO SLEEP! Im sorry, next time send her over here when you are desperate for a nap, we dont do naps anymore, boo hoo.

Idaho Spuds said...

I'm sorry, but I laughed. Funny for us. Good luck w/ your carpet

Katrina Wilson said...

Oh my gosh that is SOOO FUNNY!! You didn't tell me about that story when I called today!! So Michael couldn't knock them down!! Ha ha ha!! It's ok to laugh now cause they can' hear me!! HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!