Our chickens have gotten quite a bit bigger now. We should only have them for a few more weeks and then they will go in the freezer. Having chickens has been quite a learning experience for us. I have learned that they grow fast, they look really funny when their feathers are coming in and they eat and drink a lot. I might like laying hens better, but who knows.
The kitties are also growing quickly. They have their eyes open and they like to crawl around. Cinderella keeps trying to take them somewhere else. At first it was my laundry hamper, but I moved it so she couldn't. Then, one night when we got home late we couldn't find them. I figured she knew where they were so I wasn't going to worry too much. The next morning Robert and I heard little meowing sounds coming from somewhere in our room. Turns out she found a way to put them under my dresser. She keeps trying to get them back into my room, too. We also got a new little kitty that they girls named Aurora. Aurora is still pretty little, but old enough to be weaned. She was being abused and was rescued to our house. She has adjusted really well and is very playful and cuddly.
For some reason I can't upload pictures right now, but I will as soon as I can.
2 comments:
Are your kids okay with chickens today and in the freezer later? Don't you get attached to them?
Holy cow you've got a lot going on pet wise..I'm still jealous about your asparagus!
We had chickens when I was growing up. A stray dog got into our chicken coop and killed about two thirds of them. The ones that he didn't kill ended up in the freezer. (We weren't attached to them, none of them had names or anything.)
Post a Comment