We had such a busy weekend. On Friday we were invited to go fishing in a stocked pond up in Hailey. Taylor caught her first fish and it was really big. I don't know if anyone measured it, but it was the biggest one caught that I saw. Unfortunately I couldn't find my camera to take pictures, but she was proud of herself. Robert grilled it up for dinner on Sunday, but Taylor didn't really like it, so I think Robert ate most of it.
On Saturday Robert took 10 of our remaining 20 chickens over and butchered them. Taylor went with him, but ended up spending most of her time in the truck reading a book. We put one of the chickens on the rotisserie and it was pretty good, so we know they are edible. After coming home with the chickens to put in the freezer, we went and picked up 5 turkeys. The girls both got to pick out which one they wanted. Lindsey has picked about 4 names for hers and Taylor named hers Ethan. They told me I had to name mine, so it's name is Dinner. I hope they don't get too attached to the turkeys since we do mean to eat them eventually.
On Sunday as I had all the kids in the van ready to go to church I looked at the back tire and discovered it was flat. Robert had an early meeting so I had to call him at the church to come and get us and I asked my in-laws to also help bring some of the kids to church. That was kinda crazy. I am so glad that I live near family, though. When Robert took the tire in to get it repaired they said they can't repair it, but can replace it. However, it won't be ready until tomorrow, so I am grounded to anywhere that my feet will take me. With 4 kids, that isn't far. Still, it's giving me an excuse to get things done around here that I have been putting off, like mowing the lawn.
No comments:
Post a Comment