Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July weekend

We had a lot of fun this weekend. To start off, we went down to Logan on Thursday and met up with one of Robert's mission companions. We got some yummy sandwiches and went to a park to eat and let the kids and Kami run around and play.

Then, it was off to Spanish Fork and DeeAnna's house. The kids were so excited to play with their cousins and spend the night there. Thanks you guys for your hospitality. On Friday we were going to go to Huntsville and meet up with the rest of the family at a campground. The girls all wanted to ride together, but we couldn't fit all of their car seats in our van and Michael did not want to leave his dad, so we swapped their boys for our girls. I wasn't too sure about the decision when I heard Joseph's evil little laugh coming from the back, but we put a movie on and they were great.
Once in Hunstville we got the tent and stuff all set up and had a hot dog roast for dinner. Farris made some super-yummy dutch oven cobbler for dessert. Kami was very well loved during this time and I think the kids wore her out very well. She slept really good that night. Felicity also got to sleep in our tent, which was good because both of her parents were getting up early to run in races.

Then, it was time to go to breakfast at the park followed by the parade. Grandma brought these little planes to put together and throw at the floats. They were a huge hit. Not only did our group of kids love them, but there were a couple of boys next to me that we shared with, and some of the kids on some of the floats really liked them also.

I made flower barettes for the girls and Grandma bought them matching shirts. They all looked so cute! Rachel also had a flower, but she wasn't running around with the other girls for some reason?

Michael was pretty tired. He gave us a scare. After the parade we went over to visit Robert's aunt and uncle and we ended up having lunch there. As we were setting up the tables we noticed that Michael was missing. Thinking he was with another cousin somewhere we started looking for him. No one had seen him for a while. He had started to walk back to the park. Lucky for us a nice family found him and started walking back the way they had seen him come. Robert met up with them and we were so glad he was back. We kept a much closer eye on him after that. It was so out of character for him, though, he is usually pretty attached to his dad.

My camera has this self-portrait setting, and I think it does a pretty good job, don't you?

3 comments:

Gallup Family said...

How scary with Michael? Luke is always pulling those stunts...he must have rubbed off onto Michael when we visited :)
Tell Robert he needs to smile in his self portrait ;)

Rose said...

Sounds like you guys had a fun time. I wish we did stuff like that but Eddie is anti-outdoorsie lol
I gotta tell you though, if one of my boys did what Michael did....I'd have come unglued for the rest of the day haha....I have no stomach for kids doing stuff like that.

Dena said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun! I love your self portrait. I love the 4th of July. It is one of the best holidays!