Friday, August 21, 2009

Goings on and a Missing Camera

We have had a lot going on and I just haven't hardly had time to blog about it. Rachel has discovered her feet and was trying to grab her toys with them. She can also roll over and grabs for everything. Pretty soon we will start feeding her cereal. She is just growing so fast.

A few weeks ago Robert brought home a surprise. He was on his way to his parents house when he saw something out in one of the fields. He stopped to get a better look and realized it was a badger. He was in his truck so of course he had some kind of firearm with him. There is now one less badger to threaten my children and our animals.

I have lost my camera so I can't take pictures right now, but I really wanted to take a video of the girls doing their impression of a chicken with it's head cut off. You see, when Robert went to butcher the chickens, the girls wanted to watch. I didn't know how they would take it, but decided to give it a go. Well, they thought it was hilarious to watch the chickens get their heads cut off and "go crazy". I have a hard time seeing anything die, so I didn't watch.

I also wanted to take a picture of our lawn in the back. The grass is a little patchy in spots, but it's grass. According to Robert the grass will help cool the house down. I like that thought, but even more, I like that the kids will be able to play out there and it looks a whole lot prettier that dirt.

1 comment:

Kerry said...

I'm glad you guys are having so much fun--I've never heard of grass cooling more than dirt-but for the kids to play in..sounds great!

I wouldn't want to watch the chickens either-man you guys are all country now!