Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Christmas #2

Robert’s family was not able to get together on Christmas, so they all got together on New Year’s Day.  There was quite a bit of family all gathered together.  Michael especially loves any kind of gatherings where there are more boys around.  The poor kid is surrounded by girls at home.December 2010 128

Grandma has made each of her grandchildren a stocking that looks like a tractor.  The first couple she made to look like real tractors in real tractor colors, but then the girls started to come along and now we have all kinds of colors for tractors.  Rachel was especially excited to open her stocking, it’s the first year she really understood what was going on. She thought her bag of goodies was really cool.  Each of the kids had a lot of fun.

December 2010 138

Michael got the coolest little tool kit from his cousin.  It came complete with vest, hard hat, tool belt, and tools.  The tape measure even goes up to 10’ long.December 2010 139 December 2010 142 He is all ready to go out and do stuff with Daddy!  The girls got friendship bracelet kits that match the ones their cousins got also.  Looks like we have some crafting to do!  Robert also got a tool bag complete with tools.  I love it because then I have more tools to raid when I need something.  I even got a screwdriver to put into my little tool bag.  My sister-in-law gave me the most beautiful watch and an exercise ball.  I’ve been wanting one of those watches with the chucky beaded bands, and this one is silver, clear and white, I love it!  I also got a new exercise ball.  Somehow my old one exploded so I am really excited to get a new one.

With all of the new things that we got for Christmas, it’s time to go through what we have and get rid of some things.  We’ve started to go through the toys, but I think Robert and I may need to go through them when the kids aren’t around.  My New Year’s Resolution is to simplify.  I don’t think we have a ton of activities going on to simplify, but we do have a lot of stuff and I want to simplify what we have in our house.  The toys seem a good place to start, and then the clothes.  We have way more clothes than we need, I think, but that’s a whole different post.

2 comments:

DeeAnna said...

Michael's present to Caleb was a hit, he was still excited and talking about it when we got home. He's been taking one of the kool-aid things to school with him almost every day to put in his water bottle.

Kerry said...

I love late family gatherings..I think it's more fun because the stress is pretty much over.

Your kids are getting so big! Tractor stockings -that's such a great idea!