Saturday, January 15, 2011

Food

Okay, so I admit, I love food blogs. Since we started participating in Bountiful Baskets over the summer I've been scouring new recipes to cook foods I'm unfamiliar with. Of course we get staples like bananas, lettuce, tomatoes and grapes, but we've also gotten things like persimmons, brussel sprouts, sweet potatoes and winter squash. Now some people are fairly familiar with those, but I'm not. I love finding ways to cook new foods, especially ones that are so good for you. I'm still trying to find a recipe for sweet potatoes and squash that my family will like. I can get Rachel to eat them with me, and Robert will usually eat some also, but the other kids are just not sure about some of these new foods.

So, I'm thinking about writing a food blog. We try a lot of new recipes. I also have a subscription to EveryDay with Rachel Ray which I love to use. So, between my cookbook collection, my magazine subscription, and the plethora of food blogs and recipe sites, I have a lot of recipes to try out.

1 comment:

Kerry said...

I'd love to read a food blog. I try new things every once in a while but haven't found a good one for a while.