Monday, January 31, 2011

1/23-1/29 A Job!

We have a job!  Robert will be working for DeAngelo Brothers, Inc.  He has hired on as a spray tech and they are going to train him to be a supervisor, but other than that, we really don’t know exactly what he will be doing or what his schedule will be like.  This branch covers the Pacific Northwest, including Alaska, so he could be doing a lot of traveling.  He is training this week, so hopefully by the end of training we will have a better idea of what is going to happen for us.

I had Lindsey’s Parent Teacher conference this week.  She is doing great also.  She is really catching on to numbers quickly.  Taylor teaches her 1st and 2nd grade math, so the stuff they are doing is pretty easy for her.

When we were getting ready for family prayer one night., Robert asked Rachel if she would like to say the prayer.  He began by helping her:

Robert- “Say, Heavenly Father”.

Rachel- “He’s hiding”

Oh the things these kids come up with.  Rachel loves to say the prayer, though.  She and Michael would both say it every time we pray if we let them.  Sometimes we have to have 2 prayer so that they can both pray, especially Rachel.

P1011605Robert made some coat racks to hang by the front door.  He made the upper one a little while ago and put some little hooks on it for keys.  Then this week he made a lower one for the kids.  They can easily hang up their coats and back packs now.  I hope that this will keep them from being tossed all over my living room.

I also spent some time putting some patches onto some of the girls pants.  I asked Lindsey what kind of patch I should do and she said an Ice Cream.  I think this looks like a pretty good Ice Cream Cone, don’t you?PC281596 Both of the girls have Ice Cream Cones on their pants, but the “flavors” are different.  I’m beginning to wonder if they purposely put holes in the jeans so that I will patch them.  Heat-N-Bond has become one of my best friends lately, along with my iron and sewing machine.

Other than that, our week was pretty boring.

1 comment:

Kerry said...

That's awesome-congrats! I didn't know he was out of work..traveling-my husband just got back traveling is tough! Butyou're super Mom material so I know you'll be okay.

Way cute patches!